Dresden Files Play by Post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dresden Files Play by Post

This forum is for a Play by Post game of Dresden Files, set in the Washington, D.C. area.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Assessments and Dice Rolling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bjornaer

Assessments and Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Assessments and Dice Rolling   Assessments and Dice Rolling I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:38 am

How do we roll dice (invisible castle, rolz, at home, you roll, something else)?

How often do we roll dice? Do we use social and mental conflicts? If yes, how often?

How much time do we spend on assessments (I've been in one game where there was hardly a post that didn't create an aspect, and I've seen another one that hardly used aspects)?

If we do something mechanical (lie, shoot someone, swim, etc), do we add an ooc at the bottom of our post or do we post it here?
Back to top Go down
Mayhawk
Admin

Assessments and Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assessments and Dice Rolling   Assessments and Dice Rolling I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:10 pm

Excellent questions, thanks for giving me the opportunity to answer these for everyone.

Q: How do we roll dice (invisible castle, rolz, at home, you roll, something else)?

A: Unfortunately only moderators can roll the dice. If you wish to roll a skill simply add an OOC post after the IC post letting us know what you want to roll and what your skill level is in it (if you wish to keep your skill levels secret you can PM us).

Q: How often do we roll dice? Do we use social and mental conflicts? If yes, how often?

A: Yes we may do social and mental conflicts when appropriate. We roll the dice whenever the players and storyteller feel the outcome of a contested action could have important implications for the character or the story.

Q: How much time do we spend on assessments (I've been in one game where there was hardly a post that didn't create an aspect, and I've seen another one that hardly used aspects)?

A: Assessments are an important part of the game, especially when engaging in conflict or working magic. Any time you wish to make an assessment or declaration you will need to roll the appropriate skill.

Q: If we do something mechanical (lie, shoot someone, swim, etc), do we add an ooc at the bottom of our post or do we post it here?

A: Add an OOC post after the IC post saying which skill you wish to use and your level in that skill.
Back to top Go down

Assessments and Dice Rolling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dresden Files Play by Post :: General (OCC) :: General OOC-
Jump to: