Dresden Files Play by Post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dresden Files Play by Post

This forum is for a Play by Post game of Dresden Files, set in the Washington, D.C. area.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Apologies :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mayhawk
Admin

Apologies :) Empty
PostSubject: Apologies :)   Apologies :) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Well, it’s been over a week now for everyone to recover from our last gaming session. To those who got tired and worn out by the marathon session, I’m sorry that things went so long. I kept thinking we were close to the end so I didn’t cut things off like I maybe should have. In the future if we’re ever in a similar situation and any of you are feeling like you really want to postpone things because it’s just been going too long, feel free to let me know, not in subtle hints, but in clear terms: i.e. “this is great, but I think we need a break, could we wrap it up after this scene so we can come back later and do the rest when we’re fresh and can really enjoy it.” I sometimes forget when I’m having fun, that I need to do things like sleep, but I know not everyone has that problem, so feel free to remind me.

However, by reflecting on what worked and didn’t work in our last session I think found out a few things about pacing in this type of game that I will employ to ensure that a single gaming session doesn’t take so long. Firstly, my general rule will from now on be only one combat (at least in the physical sense) per session. And second use less rolling and more compels to make things challenging for players along the way. I think that improving the pacing of sessions will also make storylines move along faster so that it doesn’t take so many sessions to wrap up a plot.

Anyway, aside from things getting dragged out a bit I had a great time and I hope you all did too. It was really a blast having the whole group present and each character adding their own complications and aid in creating and solving problems. It was especially cool to see characters working together like never before to accomplish what none of them could have done on their own. So I want to thank everyone who participated. I hope that even you felt a little worn out you had a good time and want to come back for more.
Back to top Go down

Apologies :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dresden Files Play by Post :: General (OCC) :: General OOC-
Jump to: